1. I like to start my weekdays with water, then vegetable juice, then a hard boiled egg, then a banana, then a whole milk decaf latte.
2. I do almost all the formats I plan for my fittest clients before I have them do them so I know exactly how the workouts will feel and so I can tweak any weak spots in the sequence before having them do the workouts.
3. I keep at least four protein sources around constantly. My favorites are whole milk, tuna, roasted soy nuts and hard boiled eggs.
4. I start my own workouts with large movement, low-impact activities like the elliptical trainer, stationary bike with arm movements or the battle rope to prepare my joints for more aggressive stress later in the workout.
5. I usually watch something inspirational on Youtube (that’s where I find many of the links I post on our Facebook page on “Wellness Wednesday”) or meditate before going to bed after I put the kids down.
Any habits you want to share? Post them on our FB page!
Learn more about how to get and stay in great shape? Contact Dan at Tri Valley Trainer